Thursday 13 August 2015

Resident Snake

I couldn't resist. I had to blog this in reply to House of Simple's Phil Polson recent post.
If you haven't read his snake post then hop over to here The snake that threatened HOS. It is just the best story.

Any way here is the resident python at Mataranka Homestead. 
We thought we had been burgled. The office was a mess. Bin overturned. Papers everywhere. But no!
Just a python passing through on through on the way to the garden. In under the door. Once round the desk and off to find some shade.


And here comes the python head

And now the python doubles back.


The tail of the python follows behind.



Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move

4 comments:

  1. hoo boy - now that's the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. They have a bag in the office that they put the big pythons in and they take them back out past the springs. I have never volunteered for python duty.

      Delete
  2. My closest big snake encounter was many years back when living at Mary Kathleen, near Mt Isa (not there any more). We were camping at the Gregory River, and a night loo trip by torchlight illuminated the biggest python I'd ever seen. I've never moved so fast...and never lived the screaming down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would scream too. I know they aren't poisonous but those heads are huge and they get cranky and hissy.

      Delete