Sunday 9 August 2015

My home. My haven

Today I'm the only one home. K is hard at work moving stock with the forklift attachment on the tractor he fixed yesterday.


K hard at work on the old tractor
Yesterday I made an emergency run with the ute to town so it could do a "transformers" like morph into THE SHED and disgorge a vital  part. Mr Fix It worked his magic again. Good thing too, or he would be unloading three pallets of alcohol for the pub by hand.
Anyway back to my thought for today. I am on my own in need of a peaceful couple of hours. What makes a personal haven?  And how do I create one in our tiny mobile space?

Camp armchair.
So comfy with the footrest up
 
Sometimes my haven is my camp lounge chair with the footrest up, facing the trees while I knit or crochet and enjoy quiet interaction with nature
Or maybe it is sitting in the annex on a warm night with a book and the live music from the bistro traveling up the hill.
My private bit of bush
Or strumming the guitar or dulcimer in the caravan doorstep. Music always does it for me.


Bed at night, lounge room by day.








Or my bed in daybed mode, with pillows, a coffee and a movie. Sometimes the contained small space that is our home is exactly what my cluttered mind needs.

Not that I hide inside all day.
While the caravan is located in a caravan park, as it is during the working part of our life, I am blessed and enriched by daily interactions with fellow campers. We are a sociable bunch, ever ready to help each other out or sit and share our experiences  of tiny mobile living. But.....


Sometimes like today I just want my space!  I'm off to lounge inside.



Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move

No comments:

Post a Comment