Friday 28 August 2015

Outback Inspiration. Or I used to paint once upon a time

In my previous life I painted.

I still do sometimes.


Last year I did pastel portraits of my students as an attendance reward. The paintings are in the library and the students took a book home with their portraits and pictures of the things we had done in class as a memento of the time I had been with them.

But painting on large canvas, which is my preferred option,  is not at all practical in the caravan. As much as I miss it, this activity has to wait until we have a bit more room one day. Beside if I have to move K's clothes out of both sides of the wardrobe to fit paints and canvasses in as well as my stash of yarn,  things might not be so contended around here.

Whilst hunting  through the photo archives I came across these. So I hope you will forgive me for indulging myself in some nostalgia for an art not practiced at the moment.  The originals of these have found loving homes with friends and family so I only have the photos to remember them by.

Devil's Marbles

Cordello Downs Station

Murrumbidgee River

Sunset

The View

 
Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Lovely paintings! We are a talented family aren't we! Keep the stories coming. I love to hear them. You are a great teacher as well as a great story-teller. Fay,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A Fay.
      Mum's a pretty good artist too. Guess we got it from Grandma W.

      Delete
    2. Oh and Grandma O'C taught me to crochet.

      Delete