Monday 23 November 2015

Hot water is much better. Or what ever happened to quality spare parts.



Today, after a couple of days on the farm, during which the family have come out from town to do farm things, we embarked on an expedition into Goulburn for serious food shopping, children and adults all.

To fortify the grandparents for this effort I cooked breakfast and while Mr Fix It had a lay in. While organising breakfast I flicked  the gas water heater on. Out of the goodness of my heart I let K lounge a bit longer and slid into the shower.

"Can you check the water heater," I uttered past chattering teeth a couple of seconds later.
"Did you turn it on?"
"Yes of course. I wouldn't be in here otherwise."

Mr Fix It clambered out of bed and into the front boot, to find the problem. Turns out that the relatively new gas tap that switches between the two gas bottles is faulty. No gas flowing out of either side of the tap this morning. Disaster. No hot water is bad enough. But the main fridge is on gas.



Add caption
 I  struggled back into my jammies, vacated the van and went out and threw a ball for the dog who comes up from the kennels to live with us each visit. Good way to warm up. 

Much muttering. Many trips in and out of the van as Mr Fix It rigged a single way tap. .A few trips to the back of the van to check the fridge pilot light and magically there was hot water.

You can be sure I checked the temperature before I ducked under this time.
Seriously I wonder what happened to quality in parts?  So many times the replacement part lasts less time than the original. Five years from the first tap. Twelve months from this one!


The rams enjoying the shade

Cheers Sue


A Ferg on the Move

No comments:

Post a Comment