Monday 24 August 2015

The morning dance



Moon still in the sky at first light.


We are pretty good  at being together in a small space.

Mornings have a comforting routine. The alarm goes off. K dresses and then clears out to the kitchen end of the van leaving me to complete the important tasks that turn a rumpled mess into a polished adult female. During this process the bathroom of the van is out of bounds to my husband. There simply isn't enough room for two in front of the mirror in the tiny cloakroom. Particularly as I have to be jammed up against the mirror to be sure there is a face to put makeup on. I'm so blind without my glasses that I do this task more by feel than anything else.

View across the park at first light.

Up the kitchen end the coffee machine is doing its thing and breakfast makings are  flying out of my super organised storage locker. K indulges in yoghurt which is now especially good since I am making it myself. ( I still can't understand why anyone would eat the stuff. Cook with it yes. Eat it no.)

Pack a lunch. Make another coffee to go Juggle past each other to the wash basin and off.

Brolgas on the road on a foggy morning


If it is a work day we are up to see the sunrise. Work days start very early here as a reaction to the heat which is coming later in the day. In the tropics the difference between too dark to drive and full light is a matter of minutes. 6.30am dark. 6.45am load up and drive out.

  Fog on the road to work.


While this might read very much like a morning in any other working household, this dance is achieved in a 20ft by 8ft very well appointed box.

Bear in mind that this box might be parked just about anywhere we choose and I reckon life is pretty good.


Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move














4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops Chris xo
      I hit delete instead of reply. Apparently delete is a permanent erase command. Who knew! What was it you wanted to say?

      Delete