Wednesday 19 August 2015

Home is where the heart is. Or wherever the road takes us.

So the conversation goes like this......

At home on the farm in NSW

"Where do you live?"
"In the caravan," I answer.
"No. Where do you really live?"
"In the caravan," I answer.
"Ok where is home?" they ask with some level of frustration.
"In the caravan," I answer with a grin, settling down for another lengthy explanation of our lifestyle.


At home with visitors in the Northern Territory
It is true that for the past few years our registered address is at the tourist park here in Northern Australia where we spend 7ish months working. It is also true that we have NT drivers licences and the vehicles are registered here but that is a life style choice rather than an anchor.

At home helping with the renovations

Home for us is our caravan. After a day out in Katherine NT, Goulburn NSW, Brisbane QLD, Broome WA (you get the idea) we go home to our tiny house.


At home behind the rain water tank


We are at peace inside its walls or sitting under its annex. Everything we need is here, wherever here happens to be.

Home is where the heart is and with the one who has your heart. (That's you K. I think I just earned  a coffee in bed one morning.)






At home with K

Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I came to your blog via Phil's blog, under his recommendation of course. I am glad I did.

    What a wonderful adventure you are on. I dream of doing the same thing one day.

    Happy travels,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania
      So glad you have come to visit us.
      I am very new to blogging and delighted and amazed that people are interested. Thankyou

      Delete