Thursday 15 October 2015

A semi productive day, between naps.

I felt fantastic this morning. Awake at 7.30, still cool outside, full of energy, things to be done. Washing, turnout a cupboard, make yoghurt, bake bread. Pride cometh before a fall they say.

Well ......I set myself a few too many things to do in my current state of health. I feel so much better that I did this time last week. But..... it didn't take very long hanging over the twin tub for me to realise that I am still very wobbly. Glad that there are not very many tourists here during the day 'cos they would have seen me laying flat out on my camp lounge panting, after lifting out a load of clothes and hanging onto the back of the van while trying to peg out shirts with one hand. You see bending down and then  looking up sort of upset my balance.  (I placed a chair in a strategic spot for the next load.) Eventually the wash was all dancing in the breeze looking quite pretty.
 


I took my self back inside the caravan with the air conditioner to recover.

After an nanna nap, which I am entitled to because I am one, I boiled the kettle to put in the thermos for the yoghurt. This is when I found that my brain is not working so good. Three trips to the outside kitchen that kettle cost me. Find and fill kettle, go back to the van for the lighter, go back to the kettle to work out what I had gone into the van for, light stove, collect kettle when it whistled. Gosh I hope the stuff brewing in the ESIYO thermos really is yoghurt. Could be anything the way my mind is working today.
 

After another lay down I managed the bread mix ok.  Didn't get to turn out a cupboard. Decided that would just be silly.

I am now lying down again. But I'm not wasting time. I dug out a blanket I am knitting which I  haven't touched for a while 'cos it is 12ply and hot to work with. The air-conditioner  has taken car of that problem. There's some measurable progress happening even if there is delicate snoring going on between rows.

And I do hate it when the doctor is right. He said to expect sudden bouts of tiredness for at least this week. Side effect of being unconscious for 24 hours. "Get up and do things when you feel like it," he said. "Move around a bit. Rest when you need to." Drat the man.


K must have had a long day too. He's watching the back of his eyelids in the annex.

However I do feel some sense of accomplishment. It is amazing how comforting the normal routines of life can be.

Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move





7 comments:

  1. I hear you!
    I'm 35 weeks and body can't keep up with brain - full of ideas and motivation then WHAM - overdid it and need to sit down, quickly!
    Washing machine died the other week too, so standing at the sink handwashing takes a few goes.
    It's not easy when you're so used to having good health and getting things done, and then you suddenly can't anymore.
    At least we have decent excuses! No guilty feelings, just frustration (for me at least).
    Keep up your rest and I am sure your blanket project will progress quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time since I had that excuse. I could lend you my twin tub..... Beats hand washing. Appliances know exactly when to decide to die don't they. And they are so expensive to fix or replace. Keep well

      Delete
    2. Thankfully it looks like it won't cost anything to get a new one (we know a guy...) has just taken some time while he looks through his stock to find us a good one.
      Looks like it will come home sometime this weekend, which is a relief! It's been a novelty to handwash for a change and prep baby clothes and cloth nappies. Just so long as the washing machine comes BEFORE baby does as I'm not so keen to handwash dirty nappies :/

      Delete
    3. Mmm. I think that might be above and beyond. Good luck

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue, just take it easy, your health is too important. But while you are taking it easy keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love some of your expressions-"nanny nap cos you are 1" and "Ks watching the back of his eyes!!"

    ReplyDelete