Monday 12 October 2015

Viruses and jammed fans



I know better than to answer yes to that question on the screen about making changes to the system. I really do know better. 


Now in my defense I was drugged up quite heavily with pain killers which might explain how my finger said yes when my brain said no.
My finger won and the virus defender sprayed warning messages to me frantically. Files disappeared or locked and rude words I am not allowed to say nearly made it out of my mouth to the air.

End result is that I am sitting on the bed while my computer is copying files from the various places I have them stashed.  I only lost some Bible Study notes and some music PDFs that I don't think are on the backup drive.  On the bright side I am getting quicker at restoring my system.   


Inside is a good place to be. At 4pm it was 41 degrees in the annex. Mr Fix It has just made a perilous expedition onto the caravan roof to unjam a fan in the air-conditioning unit. The poor thing was going into error mode as the outside temp came up. My solution until K got on the job was to spray the van roof with water and reduce the roof temp. A perfectly adequate fix for about an hour.

Both fans are turning freely now so our hard working old air con has the indoor temp under control.


Can't wait till this evening when I can sit outside, covered in insect repellant given recent events, and watch the sunset.



Moral of this story. Don't click yes.


Cheers Sue


A Ferg on the Move

2 comments:

  1. That sunset shot is borderline mystical. I suppose the dust adds to the great sunsets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does. That shot was after a windy smoke filled day of local burn offs.

    I still prefer the softer sunrises.

    ReplyDelete