Tuesday 20 October 2015

Why would I need two?An anit-consumerism rant.

Too much time on my hands. Too much TV. Too many two for one offers.


I am insulted by the implication that I can be persuaded to buy two of some absolutely got to have appliance. If something is too good to be true then it is best avoided in my experience.


And then there is the free trial. With no full price on the advertising at all. Do people really fall for this?

Yes I like to have the right tool for the job. Yes I am happy to swap out for a tool that is better but.....


And anyway if I buy something and it breaks Mr Fix It is going to insist on repairing it, or both of them if the deal was two for one .


OK rant over. Time to think about dinner.

My spice stash ready for a tasty frugal dinner














Cheers Sue


A Ferg on the Move.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree - the disturbing thing is that there must be plenty of shallow people out there to make it worth their while....TV ad's are not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it fills a need to try to improve your lot in life. Being content is a conscious choice I believe. Mind you I like a nifty tool as much as the next person. I just resent the attempt to brain wash me.

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree that it's really frustrating when they don't put the full price on the ad - only the "Try it now for only $20" - such a scam.

    The only thing we have seen that we would even buy from an 'as seen on tv' infomercial ad was a portable rechargeable power source which they showed could be used as a backup car battery starter - it even came with jumper cables if I remember correctly. However, with no way of knowing how much the thing cost it had completely slipped my mind until now. Goes to show how much I really need it... I do have RAA membership after all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If something really grabs me it can usually be found, or something similar somewhere I can inspect it in person and know what I costs. The really sad thing is that people really do get dragged in. Whether the item is usable or not I figure I got by without it.

      Delete