Tuesday 12 January 2016

A week with friends. Jasmine Cottage Lyndoch

We are in Lyndoch in a holiday cottage with friends this week. South Australia has turned on really hot weather. 38 degrees here today. Great days for sitting on the lounges catching up on a whole year of each other's lives, while jockeying for the prime spot to catch the air-conditioning. I staked out the corner spot just where the cold air bounces back off the wall. Movies, crocheting, eating. Wow!
This week is pretty significant birthday wise in my family. Sister's birthday Monday...sent her a message first thing yesterday before the others were up. She was having breakfast on her balcony.
 My mother and one of our grandsons' birthdays today, 78 and 5 respectively. Got my act together and his present was hidden in his parent's car during their visit to Crookwell. Go grandma!
Made lunch and took it over to mother who just happens to live 5 minutes away.  Delivered baby photos from Crookwell and a dozen farm eggs. Go daughter!
The cottage we are in is heritage listed and beautifully set up in Parisian style pink. We keep finding little treasures everywhere, like the collection of pink glasses in the dresser. Wine tastes amazing in romantic glassware.
There are quaint clocks all over the place. None of them have batteries and I had to threaten Mr. Fix It with something awful so he didn't rush off to the shops to get some. Clocks all ticking, all over the house. Yuck. I think they are decorative. Look pretty. Don't make noise. My watch keeps good time thankyou very much.

The owners provide breakfast provisions for the week. The menu is painted on a door! Bread, cereal, eggs, bacon, pancake mix, tomatoes and hot beverages. The bacon is local Barossa valley cured. Amazing taste. The pink theme continues in the kitchen as you can see from the kitchen shot further up the page. There are even pink saucepans.
I walked to the local supermarket this morning. The owner recognized me as belonging to my mum. Had my hair up. Whilst it was nice to be welcomed it just confirms that I really do see mum in the mirror each hot morning when I give in to the need to get rid of my mop of hair off my neck.  Getting older. 


The cottage is small. Two bedrooms kitchen, lounge, but seems very luxurious to us pair of caravan dwellers.


 Simple food, good company, a taste of luxury. Not a bad way to spend the week.

Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move. 
 

4 comments:

  1. ...we could SO live in something like this. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so pretty Phil. But mega upkeep. And governed by Heritage listing rules. Lovely garden area. Wood fire for cold nights. Not bad.

      Delete
  2. Go Sue! Wish we there to share a glass of wine with you.

    ReplyDelete