Thursday 7 January 2016

My caravan. My home.









We are back at the farm in our caravan again. It truly is home wherever it is parked. We are heading over to SA for a quick visit so we are only "home" for a couple of days.

Everything is all ok. The contents of the annex survived a fortnight without damage. The fridges are all running, the batteries fully charged.


We drove out of Newcastle ahead of the really bad weather. It had rained here on the farm but not really heavily. Yesterday was cold, cloudy and windy. I dragged the minky blanket out from under the bed. Nice and cosy and light rain on the roof. Heavenly. I made hot brunch for our wedding anniversary. Homemade bread, bacon, eggs for K and banana and cheese for me. Coffee in our new espresso cups.

Today the sun is shining. The washing is dancing on the lines at the back of the caravan.

When we first arrived the blackberry bushes were flowering. Now the first berries are ripening.

While checking out the berries I looked up and caught a wombat coming out of the blackberry bushes up the hill. It moved purposefully across the rise and climbed through a convenient hole in the fence. I grabbed my phone and snapped this shot. Looked good as I framed it...but he turned his head away. Oh well. You get the idea.

This morning after the washing I sat out "reading" in the annex on my camp lounge chair and lost an hour or two.







It is good to be home.

Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move

4 comments:

  1. That wombat's a cute little fella - do you think he was eating the blackberries?

    Happy Anniversary to you and K :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. He has quite a tunnel into the middle of the bushes. They are probably 5 metres wide

      Delete
  2. Don't tell me we will miss seeing you in Adelaide! Where are you going after that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back here and a around NSW until after Easter..ish.

    ReplyDelete