Wednesday 20 January 2016

Still contented. And a job for Mr Fix It

In my last blog I made the mistake of accusing my brother-in-law of leaving things for Mr Fix It to do when we visit. He replied on Facebook that Mum Ferg collects them ready for K. Maybe true. However what ever the truth is their vacuum cleaner arrived last night for a visit with K for a health inspection. Loose wires in the plug was the diagnosis. An over night stay and a new plug today.
I have a feeling I am the victim of this joke.


I navigated the road closures for the Tour Down Under to slip into my mother's place at Lyndoch yesterday. I appropriated her sewing machine to alter a dress. I don't carry my sewing machine with me in the caravan so major jobs get done when we are here. I dropped into the Gawler Bakery and grabbed a pasty plate for lunch. Mum kindly put away the cold meat plate she had prepared so we could indulge. When we lived in Freeling this was my go to cheats meal after a day of shopping. Nostalgia at its tastiest.

Mum's Great Dane spent the day dozing on his mat, the kitten did its best to steal my yarn and then likewise settled into her basket thingy.

The Adelaide area was our home for many, many years. I am always apprehensive when we come back that I will find myself longing for the "home place".   It hasn't happened so far, although the inevitable changes to roads and landmarks catch me in the heart at times. Being here is a bit like window shopping new caravans. I find myself intrigued by a familiar city but still content with my lifestyle.

I love my small space that wraps around me like a comfort rug. So good to have minimum cleaning. I love the quiet. City noise is disconcerting now. I have got used to the sociable nature of country people so the waves of humans who don't even look at you as they pass is "not nice".

Good to know I still love my life.   Miss the family but.... Given that they live in all corners of this country I guess I would always be missing someone. Starting to long for my caravan which has the incredible ability to be a home wherever it is parked.

Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move

2 comments:

  1. So glad you feel so happy with your present caravan life. I hope you keep on enjoying it for a long time to come. Love to all the members of your family. Fay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you from the rest of the Fergs here. It is good to be enjoying life. Not a state of affairs that can be taken for granted. Nor necessarily continue for ever. One day at a time and be thankful for each one works for us.

      Delete