Saturday 16 January 2016

Using up the stash. Or in the pink



Just a quick post to brag about making something useful with my odd balls of yarn. I decided to set myself a challenge to reduce the size of my stash so a few clothes that would benefit from being hung up could fit in the caravan wardrobe.


Pink is not my favourite colour so it was quite ironic that I found myself finishing off this afghan at Jasmine Cottage this week. If you check out my last post you will see the pink Parisian décor. So I sat on the pink lounge sipping wine from very classy pink glasses, crocheting pink, white and lavender yarn. Started in the middle and keep going till the yarn ran out. No more pink yarn wrapped around my hook. Yeh!



The next bag of yarn is a combination of a very soft textured white and an equally textured apricot as well as one of those thick and thin stiff yarns in pale blue grey, apricot, white and pink. I made lots of hexagonal grannies and so far it looks good.


So two bags of yarn down and two to go. Expedition into green and white we get home.


  I might have the space empty in time to catch the end of season sales. I tend to just buy the colours that grab me at a price I am happy to pay and fit it all together later. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy pinky tones.... But I have risen to the challenge. 




This week is mums' week....his and mine. So lots of quiet days reminiscing...and fixing things of course.




Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move 

No comments:

Post a Comment