Wednesday 5 August 2015

Caravan equals house

For six years now a caravan has been my full-time home. At first in a city caravan park while I finished out my last year teaching in a city school and then as home on wheels wherever we go.
Life has settled into a comfortable pattern whereby for the dry season we, my husband and I, live and work in an outback town on the Stuart Highway in the Northern Territory. He works in a tourist park and I help out sometimes, but mostly relief teach in indigenous schools. Then when the park calms down we roam.


Getting from a four bedroom house to a caravan was an exercise in simplification.




Some of you might follow our friend Phil's blog HOUSE OF SIMPLE. I made a comment about our lifestyle on the blog and Phil said, "write".


So here it is. Maybe you will find my ramblings interesting.



Sue.
A Ferg on the move

No comments:

Post a Comment