Tuesday 18 August 2015

Crafty evenings in the caravan




There's not a lot of housework to do in the evenings in a caravan. We usually spend our evenings together here in the van or out under the annex mosquitos permitting.
So most nights in the week K "works" on his computer or puzzles over the latest thing he is bringing back to life.

I read lots, and lots and lots.

And when I'm not reading I crochet. I knit as well but I love to crochet.

Crochet Granny Squares surrounded by stretchy rib
 


One side of the wardrobe in the van is filled, not with clothes as was our plan when we bought this particular layout in our van, but with acrylic yarn I have bought or saved.

I was very wise, or something, to know that seven years later I would need a place to stash my yarn.



Shades of grey and green in a rectangle crochet pattern. This one is in the UK with K's aunt/

Why acrylic you ask? Because it washes and wears.

The finished products live under the bed until they are sold or given away to a good home.


Crocheted  tulip.
Painting with rows of dc *(sc in America)
Present for family member


 I love to play with colour and to create rather than follow a pattern so I research a stitch or series of stitches, grab some colour and play. Off the hook fall bedspreads, afghans or baby rugs.

Yarn scrap circles with black stretch rib
Still living under the caravan bed waiting for the right owner.
Mind you since I started blogging a bit less reading and crocheting is happening.

Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful work. I envy your ability. I can crochet enough to make a baby afghan for my grandson and years ago when I was learning, a large afghan for husband but knitting and crochet make me anxious and cranky instead of the "zen" feeling that most others get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it strange how some activities just don't work for us. I get anxious when I try embroidery. And smocking is just impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. I love crocheting too. I taught myself when I was 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb. We must have started about the same time. I chose crocheting because my mother was, and still is, a knitting wonder. Contrary me wasn't going to compete.

      Delete