Saturday 26 September 2015

NT Fireworks

 
I was just watching the Sunsuper Riverfire  fireworks display from Brisbane. Very impressive .

I felt compelled to compete in some way by showing you the fireworks at Mataranka Homestead on Territory Day.

Here in the NT on July 1st you can buy fireworks in the morning from 9 am. They have to be used up that day, although for a few weeks after it is not unusual to hear bangs late at night.





We have a family night in town and then out here later all the tourists get to set off their purchases.

Reminds me of my childhood.


Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move

2 comments:

  1. I've also just watched Riverfire Sue, and it is spectacular - I went a couple of years ago and watched it from a boat so was right amongst it. My frugal heart can't help but think how much it all must cost, and wouldn't the money be better spent? It brings pleasure to many though, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Hutchy. A lot of money going up in smoke however you look at it. But enjoyable to watch.

      Delete