Saturday 5 September 2015

A comfortable frugal Saturday


I love Saturdays here in the caravan park.  A quiet lay in. Coffee in bed, with the place to myself as K works a half shift on Saturday. Then slide into the Saturday's routine jobs.

There is a certain comfort in the routine of these essential and frugal tasks.


The portable twin tub washing machine has swished away cleaning a week's worth of clothes and the results are dancing on the line rigged up in the annex. In between loads the floor got swept and washed and all the debris of the week tidied away. Takes about an hour working around the washing. No wonder I love this life.

Cheapest drier around.
Washing dancing in the breeze through the caravan annex


The yoghurt is setting in the EASIYO thermos. The boiling water for the thermos was heated on K's latest find and fix project, a camp stove with a cracked fitting that he has cleaned up and repaired. Now that it has passed its working test this will go to a worthy and loving home. 
Cos we don't need it!

Kettle and wire frame camping toaster.

A new batch of butter spread is in the fridge and there is a loaf of gluten free bread cooling in front of the fan. The bread proofs really well in the car which is the hottest place I can find. Doubles in about 35 minutes.
I am really impressed with this new bread mix. It is the closest to real bread that I have found. Check it out here.

F G Roberts Gluten Free Cottage Loaf Mix
Fantastic

This week's gluten free sweet treat is bread and butter pudding. K puts the ends of the gluten free bread, mine or the bought stuff, in the freezer and when I have enough it gets made into pudding. This week the eggs are the ones Jo gave me from her chooks and I've chucked in the last of the dates that I didn't use in the batch of sticky date pudding.

Gluten free bread and butter pudding
Buttered bread, four eggs, sugar, made up powdered milk, and a bit of cream if you have some
150 degrees for 1 hour until set.j

So as the day warms up I have retreated to the annex for a morning coffee. Its going to be really hot today so I intend to enjoy what's left of the cool breeze before the Thermal pool is the only nice place to be. Might stay in the water for the rest of the day.



Here comes K. "Enjoying your coffee, dear?"


Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move.



4 comments:

  1. Well done Sue! Such successful productivity, you deserved that coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty proud of myself. I like the security of the less complicated life. I enjoy my haven.

      Delete
  2. 1 hour for the weeks chores.....we can only but look forward to it. Bread and butter pudding looks great and i will have to look up that gluten free bread brand too - thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty small space. Takes longer if I empty everything out of a cupboard or tow and wash window screens and stuff. Every once in a while we empty out and repack. But not this weekend thankyou very much.

      Delete