Friday 11 September 2015

Frugal Friday: Barramundi, Tunisian Lamb and a Legless Lizard

I didn't work today. I have a First Aid course all weekend so Friday became Saturday for me.

So washing in the twin tub, this week's yoghurt, butter spread and gluten free bread.

The cook, the one who cooks the best steak on the Stuart Highway, hitched a ride with a helicopter to one of the islands out past Port Roper on his days off and came back with a couple of beauties. A few herbs and some salad and a white wine of course. Great lunch.
Jay's saltwater barra.

I am experimenting with using our home made yoghurt in various ways. Today's experiment was to see what I could do with the tougher cuts of the  farm grown lamb we still had in the freezer. Usually I crock pot these, cool and pull of the meat to make pies or shepherd's pie. Today I  deboned the meat  to make small steaks and mixed yoghurt and my home made, salt free Tunusian Spice Mix and left them in the fridge for a couple of hours. Couple of minutes on the grill, salad and WOW!
Tunisian spiced yoghurt lamb steaks and salad

Our excitement for the day was a visit from a legless lizard. Google tells me that snakes have forked tongues while legless lizards have fleshy tongues, ears you can see and pointy heads. They are like geckos without legs and not usually seen in the day time. This one didn't read his page on Google did he?

 

Legless Lizard

Add caption
 Now I need to get ready for the First Aid course. I hope the instructor is up to it. Teachers make the worst students and I am no exception.

Cheers Sue

A Ferg on the Move

 


2 comments:

  1. If it looks like a snake, I'm not hanging around to make sure it's just a lizard... :)

    ReplyDelete