Sunday 17 July 2016

Beautiful sky, cold weather

Just thought I would drop you a few photos of the beautiful sky here. Storm coming in over the hills was just spectacular earlier this week. It tried to snow a bit as well.



At the moment it is a very warm 12 degrees today and the sun is shining.  I still have winter clothes on,  admittedly a layer or two less than normal, but a few crazy locals are in short sleeves.



We have been sorting through the things we packed in boxes 7 ish years ago when we first moved into the caravan as our home. We moved them here to Crookwell I found some photos, boxes of them that I have never sorted through. I found of all things a box of socks and gloves. I must have decided that I didn't need them in Mataranka. I was very glad to see warm things in that box. All washed and dried and put away.



  On the theme of warm clothes I finally gave in and put my summer stuff under the bed. I have very few real winter clothes so the spare clothes box is full now and the clothes cupboard shuts easily for the first time in a while. And I don't have to climb under the bed to grab a jumper.



We rang Mataranka today. 26 degrees with a cold 10 tonight. This time last year that was freezing. Now I wouldn't mind a warm 10 overnight.

Just goes to show how big this country is. I used to show my indigenous kids photos of snow here in Crookwell and us swimming in 32 degrees at Mataranka on the same day.



Ok back off to the farm now. Catch you all next time we are in town.





Cheers Sue
A Ferg on the Move

2 comments:

  1. Hmm trying to work out your movements here-I thought you had moved down to the shed to be near the fire which corresponds with the first photo but the last shows you up on the hill and what looks like the shearing shed down the bottom? Oh and its been cold in Adelaide too as I am sure you have heard! Amazes me here what people will do to see snow but I guess I grew up with it in TAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shearing shed down the hill. Smaller shed near us. Shearing shed is used quite a bit for sheep work and as a social hub for the family. Great building with big tree trunk supports, pens and shearing stands, and a wooden floor in the raised bit. The family are very lucky to have it. The shed near us much newer.

    ReplyDelete